The “Form 10C” is a form which has to be filled by every employee and submitted when claiming benefits under the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). Form 10C is essential to be filled as every month a part of the overall PF contribution of an employee is segmented into the Employee Pension Scheme. This section of the proceeds from the PF account of the employee can be withdrawn using the Form 10C.
What is Form 10C?
Form 10C is a form which is to be submitted to get benefited from the Employee Pension Scheme and claiming the benefits which are rightful of the employees. There are a few contributions made by every employer towards the PF accounts of the employees which are segmented into the EPF funds and EPS funds. The part of the contribution made by the employer directly goes into the EPS scheme which can be later withdrawn using the Form 10C.
Download Form 10C Here
Following is the link we provide, where you can get the pdf format of the Form 10C. This link is secure, safe and will direct you to the official website of EPF India.
How to fill Form 10C?
The Form 10C is available in the pdf format in the above-given link. The form is a 4-page document in which you are required to fill up the first 2 pages in general cases, and the 3rd page has to be filled only if you have taken any advances which are against the account. The final page is for administrative purposes which do not require to be filled by you.
How to fill Form 10C First Page details:
- Date of birth
- Father’s name and/or husband’s name
- Employer address
- PF account number
- Joining date with employer
- Reason for leaving and date of leaving
- Full address
The 2nd page of the form will ask for details including:
- Particulars of family/nominees
- Mode of remittance
- Date and signature, and some more details about age and account details for remittances
For the 3rd page which deals with advances, you will be asked for the following details, among others:
- Sum received
- Details of wages and period of non-contributory service of member
- Date and signature
- The final section is meant for administration purposes only. This will be filled by the relevant authorities
Instructions for filling the Form 10C:
- All the entries such as name should be in the upper case, i.e., in capital letters.
- Date of birth should be exact.
- No cutting or overwriting should be there, and if there are corrections, the same must be attested.
- The PF account number consists of region code (2 alphabets), office code (3 alphabets), code number (maximum 7 digits), extension (sub code) and the account number (less than or equal to 7 digits).
- In the form, Sl No 9 should be filled if applying for scheme certificate, while Sl No 11 can be left blank.
- Sl No 11 should be filled if applying for withdrawal certificate, while Sl No 9 can be left blank.
- In addition to bank account details, you should also attach a copy of cancelled/blank cheque to ensure that the account number and IFSC code are visible clearly.
- In case of death of a member, Sl No 9 should be filled with details of family/nominees/legal heir and Sl No 10 and 11 should be filled by the respective legal heir/nominee/family member.
- Sl No 12 should be filled if the member is drawing the pension or family pension under the EPS scheme 1995.
Form 10C Samples
Here are the filled Form 10C sample for you to understand and learn how to fill form 10C without any mistakes. Form 10C is the form used to draw your earned pension amount.
Form 10C Sample Page 1
Form 10C Sample Page 2
Form 10C Sample Page 3
Form 10C Sample Page 4
Attestation and Additional Documents to be attached with Application:
The application should be directed through the last employer, company, or the organisation. All the pages of the downloaded form should be duly signed by both employee and the last employer. In case the last employer or organisation has ceased to exist, you can get the form attested from an authorised official. The authorised officials can be a, gazetted officer, magistrate, post or sub postmaster, village union president, village panchayat president, MLA, MP, member or secretary or chairman of municipal or district local board, manager of bank where savings account exists, member of central board of trustees, or the head of any educational institution.
Following are the documents and attachments required for the withdrawal with this application:
- Birth Certificates of Children for Date, when applying for the scheme certificate.
- A blank/cancelled cheque.
- Death certificate in case if the member has deceased.
- Succession certificate for the legal heirs of member.
- If the beneficiary is applying through a bank for withdrawal, a Re 1 stamp should be attached.
Who can use the Form 10C?
Form 10C is the way to get one of the benefits you get from your service to your employer. Every member of the EPS scheme are eligible for filling and applying Form 10C if they satisfy the following mentioned criteria:
- A person who has left the employment before the completion of the 10 years of his service and who has attained the age of 58 years before the end of 10 years of service.
- A person who has completed his 10 years of service and have not attained the age of 50 years, or that he is a member who is between 50 to 58 years of age and is unwilling to settle for a reduced pension.
- Family or nominee of a member who died before completing 10 years of service and was more than 58 years at the time of death.
What are the uses of Form 10C and when to use it?
The Form 10C is used by the employees who are the members of EPS scheme and funds. The Form 10C is to be used by the employees to claim any of the following:
- Employer Share Refund.
- Scheme certificate for member retention.
- Withdrawal benefit.
Scheme Certificate is the certificate which can be claimed on the condition when the overall period of the service of an employee is more than 9.5 years, and he or she has not reached 50 years of age as of the application date. This scheme certificate allows the employee to carry forward his earlier service period when he will rejoin the same or different organisation as an employee. Scheme Certificate also helps a member to be able to withdraw their PF accumulations while availing a scheme certificate.
Withdrawal Benefit is a certificate which is issued to the applicants who have been in the service for less than 9.5 years, and he or she has not reached the age of 50 years as of the application date. The scheme helps the employees by allowing the pension fund money back as the employees are not yet entitled for pension. Withdrawal Benefit is not applicable when the membership of the employee is less than 180 days excluding the non-contributing period. For more information about “Form 10C” please comment in the section below and we will try to reply as soon as possible.