The “Form 10C” is a form which has to be filled by every employee and submitted when claiming benefits under the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). Form 10C is essential to be filled as every month a part of the overall PF contribution of an employee is segmented into the Employee Pension Scheme. This section of the proceeds from the PF account of the employee can be withdrawn using the Form 10C.
Instructions for filling the Form 10C:
- All the entries such as name should be in the upper case, i.e., in capital letters.
- Date of birth should be exact.
- No cutting or overwriting should be there, and if there are corrections, the same must be attested.
- The PF account number consists of region code (2 alphabets), office code (3 alphabets), code number (maximum 7 digits), extension (sub code) and the account number (less than or equal to 7 digits).
- In the form, Sl No 9 should be filled if applying for scheme certificate, while Sl No 11 can be left blank.
- Sl No 11 should be filled if applying for withdrawal certificate, while Sl No 9 can be left blank.
- In addition to bank account details, you should also attach a copy of cancelled/blank cheque to ensure that the account number and IFSC code are visible clearly.
- In case of death of a member, Sl No 9 should be filled with details of family/nominees/legal heir and Sl No 10 and 11 should be filled by the respective legal heir/nominee/family member.
- Sl No 12 should be filled if the member is drawing the pension or family pension under the EPS scheme 1995.